IMPORTANT: Links to third party sites and resources are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of these sites and resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
In order to install the Rome: Total War - Alexander expansion, you will need to update your current version of Rome: Total War and/or Barbarian Invasion.
- The GOLD EDITION DVD comes with the patch 1.6 already installed.
- You can check your current version in the game's Options menu by looking at the top right corner of the screen.
1) If you have Rome: Total War version 1.0:
- Download & Install the patch 1.3 for Rome: Total War here:
- Once done, download & Install the patch 1.5 for Rome.
2) If you have Rome: Total War version 1.3:
- Download & Install the patch 1.5 for Rome: Total War here:
Note: You need to upgrade your version of RTW to version 1.3 before you install the 1.5 patch. If you do not, the patching process will not work and your game is unlikely to function.
3) If you have Rome: Total War & Barbarian Invasion version 1.3:
- Download & Install the patch 1.6 for Barbarian Invasion here:
4) If you have Rome: Total War version 1.5 or Barbarian Invasion 1.6:
- You do not need any patches and should be able to install Alexander without any problem.