If you are having problems with a game that was released prior to your current version of Windows, it is suggested you set the game to run in compatibility mode using the following steps:
1. Locate the game's .exe file (if you have a desktop shortcut, right click that and select Open File Location),
2. Right click the game's .exe file and select Properties,
3. Under the General tab, ensure that Hidden and Read Only are not checked,
4. Under the Compatibility tab, enable compatibility mode and select the Windows version that matches the game's listed recommended specifications,
5. Under the Compatibility tab, enable Run this program as an administrator,
6. Under the Security tab, select your user ID and ensure all privileges are set to Allow.