To set a preferred graphics processor for Alien: Isolation, using AMD Switchable Graphics Technology:
1. Ensure that you have the latest GPU drivers from either your Laptop’s manufacturer’s official website or AMD’s website.
2. Right-click on the desktop and select ‘Configure Switchable Graphics.’
3. Once the Catalyst Control Centre has launched, look for ‘AI.exe’ in the Recent Applications list. If it is not there, either launch Alien: Isolation then return to the Switchable Graphics menu, or select ‘Browse,’ and navigate to your Alien: Isolation Steam App folder (commonly “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation\”) and select AI.exe.
4. To the right of AI.exe in the Switchable Graphics menu there should be a button saying ‘Not Assigned.’ Left click on it to cycle through the options, which are ‘Power-Saving,’ and ‘High Performance.’
a. The Power-saving option makes use of the more Integrated GPU, and High Performance uses your higher performance AMD discrete GPU. Select whichever one you prefer.
5. Once you have selected your preference, click ‘Apply’ in the bottom right corner to confirm & apply.
Also please connect your AC power cable to your laptop.
Some laptop computers will not run with the second more powerful discrete graphics card unless connected to the mains AC.