While sometimes games can run fine even on outdated drivers, they are a common cause of issues in games, from graphic glitches to crashes. Update your graphic card's drivers by downloading and installing the newest drivers from the manufacturer's website. If you aren't sure how to find the appropriate drivers, we can help you find out which ones you need!
- Remove steam.app from /Applications folder
- Remove everything in ~/Library/Application Support/Steam
- Reinstall steam
Verifying the cache files of the game can help to ensure that the installation of a game is up-to-date and if necessary repair any bad or corrupted game data.
- Load Steam
- From the Library section, control-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
- Close/Exit STEAM and RESTART your computer and repeat process above once more before attempting to launch the game.
Important: One or more files may fail to verify. This is normal for most Steam games. The files that fail to verify are local configuration files that should not be replaced as part of this process. You can safely ignore this message.
We recommend that you do not execute any intensive other task on your computer at the same time such as scanning for viruses, or other cache integrity verifications whilst completing above process.
- Please verify if your monitor is plugged into the GPU and not the default slot of the motherboard.
- Go to the NVIDIA control panel.
- Then go to “Manage 3D Settings”, “Program Settings”.
Look for or add “Endless Space 2” on the drop-list and tell NVIDIA to use the high performance graphics processor instead of the on-board graphics card.
- If you are using an antivirus or a firewall program, it might be restricting Endless Space 2's permission to write/create files. You can try to add the game as an exception in your antivirus/firewall in order to grant Endless Space 2 unlimited access rights. Same thing for WorldGeneratorContext (or "amplitude.worldgenerator.exe"). To find out how your specific antivirus/firewall works, please refer to its help documentation (or google it, it helps!)
- Unchecking "Read Only" on your Endless Space2/Public/GalaxyGenerator folder and apply to the subfolders.
Once you have done that, start Endless Space 2 in administrator mode.
- Locate the EndlessSpace2.exe executable. It should be located somewhere in $/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Endless Space 2
- Right click on the exe and select "Properties"
- Select the "Compatibility" tab
- Check the "Run this program in compatibility for " and select "Windows 7"
- You can find the installation program here: /Steam/Steamapps/Common/Endless Space 2/_CommonRedist/DotNet/4.5.1
- Launch a normal game in order to test.
- EVGA's Precision X OC
You can also try to run the game as an Administrator. You need to create a desktop shortcut, right click on it and "Run as an Administrator".If these steps do not help, submit a support request for further assistance.