Then make sure you have the latest Net Framework and version of DirectX installed. To do this, first download and install this net framework update from here - http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9831986
Then download this to make sure your DirectX is up to date (even if you've recently done this, please try again). It is an offline installer so first up download.
- First download the from this link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
- Once the file has finished downloading, double click the exe to begin installation
- When you click it, it will ask you for a folder location to extract to - Create a folder on your desktop and name it something you’ll recognise (say DirectX Install).
- Once the file has finished unzipping to your selected folder, open the folder
- Double-click DXSETUP to begin the process of updating your DirectX
- Once this process is complete, your DirectX will be updated