If you have purchased the Total War: Shogun 2 Limited Edition or received an exclusive pre-order unit via participating retail outlets, you will need to connect to the internet, redeem your code through Steamworks and easily unlock your units for use in game.
1. Install Total War: Shogun 2 and the Steam client as per instructions included with the game.
2. Launch the Steam client and select "Activate a product on Steam..." under the "Games" menu:
3.Go through the Steam Product activation wizard, entering the product code when prompted.
4. The units will then become available in Total War: Shogun 2 single-player campaign/ battle modes and multiplayer under certain conditions as outlined below:
- Exclusive ninja clan – available in single and multiplayer games from the clan selection screen.
- Extra historical scenario – available in single and multiplayer games via the “Historic battles” menu.
- Special armour for your avatar – it can be accessed from your avatar screen by clicking on the “Customise avatar” icon.
- Bank account of XP for your avatar - the extra XP will automatically be added to your avatar profile.