The game will attempt to connect to the Company of Heroes 2 lobby server on boot, and stay connected for the entirety of your game session. If you get a connection error message when you first enter the main menu, it means you are failing to connect to this server. If you are unable to connect, here are some steps you can take to help troubleshoot it:
- Open a web browser and follow this link: https://coh2-lobby.reliclink.com/gam...on/checkstatus
- It should bring you to a web page that says: ["ok"]
- If it does not then you need to make sure that TCP port 443 is open
- If it does work, the most likely issue is that your firewall and/or antivirus software is blocking COH2. To fix this either
I. Whitelist the COH2 executable (RelicCoH2.exe) in your firewall and/or antivirus software
II.Disable your firewall and/or antivirus software.
Connecting to the Battle Server:
The Battle Servers are what the game connects to when you host or join a custom or automatch game, and stays connect to for the duration of the game. If you get a connection error when entering the multiplayer setup screen, it means you are failing to connect to this server. If you are unable to connect, here are some steps you can take to help troubleshoot it:
- Whitelist the BattleServer IP: 184.108.40.206 (subject to change, we will update if it does)
- Open TCP Ports: 27015 – 27030
Game works fine at the beginning of a match, but later on, there starts to be an ever increasing amount of command lag:
- This is a framerate/performance issue on your PC. With the battle servers, we don’t need to slow the entire game down if one player has a low framerate, instead that player will end up simulating behind other players. The fix to this issue is to turn down your graphics settings, and be sure your PC meets the minimum requirements to run the game.